|This article is about the weapon subclass in Save the World. For the gun in Battle Royale, see SMGs.|
Submachine Guns (SMG) are a class of ranged weapon available in Battle Royale and Save the World. They are available in , , , , and versions. They are characterized as having a large magazine, with fast firing rates that deal high DPS.
- Excellent at Close Quarters Combat
In close combat, Submachine Guns can easily gun down enemies with their high damage per second and extremely fast fire rate.
- Ineffective at Long Range Engagements
Due to its damage dropoff and bullet spray, Submachine Guns become less effective the longer the range. At mid-range, it can still be effective but it won't deal as much damage as up close.
- Easy to Use
Submachine Guns are a point and shoot type of weapon. It's easy enough to be used by both beginners and veterans alike.
- Close the Distance
Submachine Guns work best when engaging enemies at close quarters. Use another weapon as you close the distance to your target then switch to a Submachine Gun to deal high burst damage when in range.
- Manage your Ammo
Submachine Guns can easily burn through your ammo supplies due to their fast fire rate. Either carry another weapon as backup or shoot in controlled bursts to save ammo.
- The Submachine Gun (old) is currently "in the vault" and is therefore unobtainable.
- Damage values were increased from 11/12/13 per shot to 14/15/16 per shot (depending on rarity) and magazine size increased from 25 to 35 with the release of the Suppressed Submachine Gun.
- Patch 2.5.0: The Submachine Gun has been rotated out and is therefore unavailable.
- Patch 7.30: The Submachine Gun was rotated out in , making it therefore currently available exclusively in Creative, Playground and in Unvaulted LTM. It was vaulted due for the Suppressed Submachine Gun to be unvaulted again.
- Patch 10.10: The Submachine Gun weapon class was created, merging several weapons previously classified as Assault and Pistol into one category.
- Patch 10.20: 2 more perks now work with SMG's.