|Category||Battle Royale Items|
|Introduced||5.30 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 15.21|
|Vaulted||Patch 7.00, Patch 11.00|
Shockwave Grenade is an Utility Item in Battle Royale. It is a type of grenade that could knock back players and vehicles, which destroy objects in their path after being knocked back, while not taking any fall damage. It drops in stacks of 2 with a maximum stack size of 6, and could be found in Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and Chests. The Shockwave Grenade is considered a direct upgrade of the Impulse Grenade.
The Shockwave Grenade was then added to the Vault on Patch 7.00 but was unvaulted on 9.30 Content Update #1, replacing the Impulse Grenade and now it has been vaulted again in Patch 11.0. The Shockwave Grenade has been added to the Battle Lab game mode on Patch 11.40.
In Patch 13.0, the Shockwave Grenade received new sounds.
In Patch 14.0, the Shockwave Grenade was unvaulted, replacing Kit's Shockwave Launcher. The Shockwave Grenade has been vaulted from Competitive playlists (Arena) with Patch 15.21 to balance FNCS play.
- Shockwave Grenade Pickup
- Shockwave Grenade Throwing and Explosion Sound
Shockwave grenades were unvaulted in the 14.00 update. 
Shockwave Grenade has a chance to appear among all utility items and consumables in the following circumstances:
- The Shockwave Grenade is a better mobility/retreat option than the Impulse Grenade, as it knocks you farther and doesn't cause any fall damage.
- This is the ninth item to be unvaulted, following the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle.
- The Shockwave Grenade seems to be made of Hop Rocks. Since it gives similar glowing effects to players after being used, and because the rocks that are inside of the Shockwave Grenades are very similar to a Hop Rock.
- In Chapter 2 Season 3, a weapon was added called the Kit's Shockwave Launcher. It fires Shockwave Grenades, but it uses Rockets as ammo.