Roblox: DeepWoken - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Fortnite was first announced in 2011 and was officially released on July 25, 2017 with the Battle Royale mode released on September 26, 2017.
- The 2008 Fortnite that people say is fake. Actually Fortnite was first announced at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards.
- In April 2014, Fortnite's closed Alpha sign-ups began and the game was revealed to be aimed towards a free-to-play model.
- In December 2014, the first round of Fortnite's Alpha began.
- In March 2015, the second round of the Alpha began.
- In Fall 2015, Fortnite was announced to be compatible with Mac computers, and the closed Beta phase began.
- Fortnite became available for Early Access on Windows, Mac, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for those who pre-ordered the game on July 21, 2017 and on July 25, 2017 for those who did not pre-order.
- Battle Royale was released as free to play on September 26, 2017.
- Fortnite iOS was released on March 12, 2018.
- STW (Save the World) was set to become free-to-play sometime in 2018, delayed again in 2019, and then finally announced the game would remain a "premium experience".
- Fortnite became available for Early Access for the Nintendo Switch on June 12, 2018. Shortly after the release, PS4 crossplay was disabled due to Sony's decision.
- Fortnite was released on NVIDIA Shield TV, an Android-based platform, on July 12, 2018. No other announcements about Android releases were made at this time.
- Fortnite for Android Beta was released on August 9, 2018 to owners of Samsung mobile devices. Beta access was expanded to other mobile devices on August 1.
- Fortnite: Save the World officially exited Early Access and was officially released on June 30, 2020 with update Patch 13.20.
- Fortnite for iOS got officially removed from the App Store on August 13, 2020 and users who have the game downloaded are still able to play it, but this version of Fortnite is no longer supported, meaning that updates will no longer be delivered, being 13.40 the last version for iOS. After the 14.00 update, players accessing Fortnite will still be able to play the 13.40 version of Fortnite, but will not be able to access any new content or the new Battle Pass.
- Spike TV Announces 2011 “Video Game Awards” Winners
- Epic Games Reveals Cartoony New IP Fortnite
- Fortnite alpha signups are now open
- Gears of War dev's Fortnite has Diablo-like looting
- Epic Games kicks off Fortnite alpha on Dec. 2
- Fortnite kicks off second closed alpha with a livestream this afternoon
- Epic's Fortnite coming to Mac, beta hits this fall
- Fortnite Early Access has started for those who pre-ordered Founder’s Packs
- Tweet by @FortniteGame