Paradise Palms (Formerly Moisty Mire and the Prison) was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale added in Season 5, located inside the coordinates H8 and I8, east of Fatal Fields, southeast of Salty Springs, and directly south of Retail Row. It was a tropical paradise city with palm trees, a hotel and a pool. It also included other settlements and commercial establishments covered in desert biome. It replaced Moisty Mire on the same part of the map in Season 5, which disappeared through a rift. The creation of Paradise Palms also led to the disappearance of the Crab Statue.
Paradise Palms was released in Season 5 following the initial Patch 5.0 on July 12, 2018. In the late days of Season 4, a stagecoach was found on the I8 coordinates of Moisty Mire hinting its desertification.
During several patches, the area had started to grow even more grass. This led to Moisty Palms being added although grass continued to grow in the existing desert.
Points and Sublocations
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on houses and buildings, visit Paradise Palms/Buildings
Other Loot Spots
- Hotel 23
- Big Shots Espresso Cafe
- Keyboard King
- Unnamed car shop
- Station 99
- Architects House
- House with garage
- Large House
- House with pool
- Bridge House
- Station 99 Sign
- Palm Trees
- Trash Cans
- Arcade Machines
- Keyboard King Sign
- PC방 sign
- Hotel 23 Sign
- Palm Tree
- "Now Entering Paradise" Sign
- Futuristic Computers
- Diving Board
- A birthday cake was added to Paradise Palms.
- The birthday cake was removed from Paradise Palms.
- The tractor on display in the car shop has been replaced by a quadcrasher, and a trailer appeared in Paradise with multiple quadcrashers.
- Halloween decor has been added at all the houses and the hotel.
- Mid-season, A "Keyboard King" cybercafe opened up in the place of the seemingly abandoned McGuffin's bookstore. There is a sign outside the store reading "PC방". PC방 is the name of a South Korean LAN gaming centre chain, which has a cross-promotion with Fortnite.
- Grass is starting to grow in Paradise Palms.
- Christmas Decorations were added to the POI.
- December 25th: Paradise Palms was covered in snow for Christmas Day.
- December 26th: The snow disappeared.
- January 2nd: All Christmas decorations are gone.
- January 8th: Most Christmas Decorations (Such as Trees, Candy Canes and Snowflakes) have returned, due to the "14 Days Of Fortnite" event being brought back for 7 more days.
- All of the 14 Days Of Fortnite Christmas decorations are now gone again.
- January 19th: Paradise Palms was covered in snow in the aftermath of the Ice Storm Event.
- January 31st: The snow melted from Paradise Palms.
- Even more grass is growing in Paradise Palms.
- Even more grass is continually growing in Paradise Palms.
- Solar Panels have been added east of Paradise Palms.
- An umbrella has also been added south of Paradise Palms.
- Grass continues to grow in Paradise Palms.
- The umbrella south of Paradise Palms is gone.
- July 29th: Even more grass is growing in Paradise Palms.
- Paradise Palms has become darker like the exact colour of Moisty Mire, hinting its return.
- Grass continues to grow in the desert and the process begins to accelerate.
- Two red balloons have been added, one next to the Keyboard King store.
- September 5th: A rift beacon has appeared here.
- September 9th: The rift beacon has been activated, and a small rift has been opened in the sky above the POI.
- The red IT balloons were removed from Paradise Palms.
- Paradise Palms combined with Moisty Mire to create Moisty Palms. The Prison (POI) has also returned with the addition of Moisty Palms.
- The pool next to Hotel 23 is filled with lily pads and dark blue, dirty water to represent Moisty's theme.
- 3 houses in the back part of Paradise were removed.
- Other than the main road, all the other roads were replaced with either wooden planks or swamp.
- Paradise Palms was in Battle Royale longer than Moisty Mire.
- Paradise Palms is the fourth location to replace a location that was removed. It replaced Moisty Mire in Season 5 and was replaced by Moisty Palms in Season 10.
- In Chapter 2, a location similar to Paradise Palms called Sweaty Sands was added to the new map.
- Around Northern Paradise Palms, a grave with the Muselk logo was added in July of 2018. It was added as a joke to commemorate the user, "Chappadoodle" who Muselk accidently killed during a "Rescue Mission"
- Paradise Palms was the 1st ever named POI to be combined with a different POI to create a new named POI.