|Category||Battle Royale Loot|
|Introduced||Chapter 2 Season 3|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 16.00|
Loot Sharks were removed the map in Patch 16.00, and were likely replaced with the new wildlife animals such as Wolves and Chickens.
- Loot Sharks deal 10 damage to any player that it touches when it is in the water or on land. If a player is in the water, it will charge at the player and bite them, dealing 60 damage. If a player is close to a Loot Shark on land, they are able to leap out of the water, through multiple walls and floors, and attack the player, which can deal massive damage.
- Loot Sharks, as the name implies, drop weapons and ammo when they are defeated. Some of these weapons are random loot drops from it, while some weapons are actually eaten by the shark before they are defeated, dropping that weapon they ate.
- A player can use a Fishing Rod near a Loot Shark, which will cause the Shark to bite onto the hook and will activate a ride with the shark, the player having water skis while being pulled. While in this state, the player can somewhat control the movement.
- The Loot Shark while being controlled can boost forward, and leap into the air, able to attack players.
There are some strategies to defeating a shark. Although it is not recommended to defeat a shark unless a player has a lot of ammo, a shark has the possibility of dropping powerful weapons.
- Don't try to attack a shark while in the water. Sharks have a lot of health, and attacking them while in the water may not be so effective when it comes to the shooting angle and the shark damage.
- Attack a shark while nearby on land. They might use their leap attack, but it is slow and can be easily avoided.
- Use fast fire-rate weapons such as Assault Rifles and SMGs. Players can also use a Sniper Rifle if they are a distance away.
- Do not try to defeat a shark if a player has low ammo, since sharks don't drop much ammo and it can all be used up to defeat the shark. However, if the shark is glowing purple or gold and the player has low rarity items, it could be worth it.
- Be careful while trying to defeat a shark. Other players can attack you while you are focused on the shark.
- Henchmen will shoot at Loot Sharks that get close to them.
- Loot Sharks can spawn out of IO Guard Boxes. This is extremely rare, however.
- A Loot Shark was seen in the Wall of Water during/after the Device Event. However, it was just a 3D model and couldn't do anything.