Loot Lake (known during Season 6 as Leaky Lake) was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale which was added to the Map in Season 1, located inside the coordinates D4, D5, E4 and E5, southeast of Pleasant Park, north-west of Dusty Depot, and southwest of Lazy Lagoon. Loot Lake is arguably the most changed location in the Fortnite map, being changed in Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9, and Season 10 - all in in completely different states. It is also arguably one of the most important – if not the most important location in the Chapter 1 Battle Royale storyline, being in some way involved in the live events of every single season except for Seasons 3 and 7. In Season 10, Loot Lake could spawn up to 30 Chests.
Prior to Season 5, Loot Lake was a lake that had a house on its north shore, a house on an island in the middle of the lake and two factory buildings on the west shore. At the very end of Season 5, the CUBE had melted into Loot Lake, causing the lake to have the properties as did the CUBE—which made it bouncy.
When Season 6 released, the middle island rose out of the ground, the CUBE attached to the bottom. However, when the floating island started to move, the location was renamed Leaky Lake. This floating island, after taking a journey lasting around a month, it returned back to Leaky Lake. In a few days, the CUBE partially destroyed the floating island to kick off Fortnitemares. With its job done, the CUBE began to crack and leak into the vortex beneath. When the CUBE had released all of its substance into the vortex, the CUBE exploded, and the Butterfly event started. After the Butterfly event, Loot Lake had changed immensely. There were more islands in the lake, and there were shards of the CUBE.
Loot Lake had remained dormant until Patch 8.40, in which the government had set up a lab around a giant metal surface that they had discovered. Runic symbols began to appear around this bunker - the CUBE fragments were supposedly disposed of by the government.
The metal surface turned out to be the Vault where all of the vaulted weapons were located. However, in The Final Showdown Event, the Mecha smashed open the Vault and used the Zero Point's power to defeat the Devourer.
At the start of Season 10, the Zero Point finally exploded. This caused time to stop around the center of the lake, making an anti-gravity zone with floating objects and the frozen, fractured Zero Point at the center. It also caused Dusty Depot and the Old Factories to return. Throughout the season, it also caused rift zones with special abilities to apear all throughout the map.
At the end of Season 10, during The End Event, The Rocket created a rift above Loot Lake, with lasers pointing down at The Zero Point. The Rocket blasted down and hit the anti-gravity zone, causing a huge shockwave. The Rift above Loot Lake opened again, and the 6 other Rockets flew down slowly with the Meteor, with it crashing into the anti-gravity zone creating a black hole, obliterating both it and The Zero Point. The entire game was sucked in, and so was Loot Lake.
Points and Sublocations
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Loot Lake before The Final Showdown Event.
Loot Lake at the end of Season 6 (Leaky Lake).
Loot Lake at the start of Season 6 (Leaky Lake).
For more detail on houses and buildings, visit Loot Lake/Buildings
|Land at 10 different named locations||Free Tier 2 Challenges||5|
|Dance in different forbidden locations||Season 3 Week 2 Challenges||5|
|Land on 7 different bullseyes||Season 3 Week 3 Challenges||5|
|Search 7 Hidden Gnome in different Named Locations||Season 3 Week 7 Challenges||5|
|Search between Three Boats||Season 3 Week 8 Challenges||10|
|Search a chest in 12 different named locations||Season 3 Week 10 Challenges||5|
|Land at 10 different named locations||Starter Challenges||5|
- Loot Lake was added to the map.
- A Christmas tree was added.
- The Christmas tree was removed.
- An unbreakable chunk of the comet that landed in Dusty Divot has appeared on an island at the east side of the lake.
- An Omega poster was added to Loot Lake.
- Week 5: A dancing platform and disco ball have been added inside the northern warehouse.
- The Omega poster was removed.
- Dance platforms and disco ball on the Loot Lake warehouse were removed.
- Loot Lake was renamed to Leaky Lake.
- The island in the middle of the lake rises up and starts floating over it, creating a big maelstorm at its former location. The CUBE appears at the bottom of the newly-created floating island. The color of the lake changes back to blue and it's surface loses its bounciness.
- Leaky Lake no longer appears named in the in-game map.
- Leaky Lake has been renamed back to Loot Lake.
- December 24th: Loot Lake became an unnamed POI on playground.
- December 25th: Loot Lake was covered in snow for Christmas Day.
- December 26th: The snow disappeared.
- Loot Lake became a named POI on playground after the removal of Challenge Games.
- January 19th: Loot Lake was covered in snow in the aftermath of the Ice Storm Event.
- February 1st: The snow melted from Loot Lake.
- April 5th: Excavators have begun working on a dig site by Loot Lake. The logos on the excavators show that they belong to the same organization that constructed the Dusty Divot research facility in Season 4.
- April 7th: An unbreakable metal structure was found at the bottom of the excavation site.
- A Reboot Van was added to Loot Lake.
- April 15th: Excavators have moved closer to the center of Loot Lake.
- April 17th: The central part of the lake has been dried, and several watchtowers and research facilities had been constructed around it by the organization. The excavators have revealed what appears to be an indestructible metal hatch in the middle of the lake. Many trucks and cars belonging to the organization as well as a few police cars have appeared near the lake. The CUBE fragments had vanished.
- April 18th: A yellow runic symbol had appeared at one of the plates attached to the metal hatch.
- April 21st: Another ruin symbol has appeared on a plate of Loot Lake's metal door.
- The floating rune has gone inside a Loot Lake metal door hatch, and caused a light to come out of it.
- April 22nd: A new floating island with a rune symbol has appeared already floating above Loot Lake, it however cannot be damaged yet.
- April 23rd: The lasers have connected with the rune above Loot Lake, and caused it to go inside a metal door hatch. Another Rune has appeared.
- One of the government setups in Loot Lake now has a chalkboard in it, which displays a possible theory that the hatch is a vault of some sort.
- April 26th: The rune moved from the Dance Club and to Loot Lake, where it went into one of the hatches and activated it.
- The room with the chalkboard in Loot Lake has several screens on it, one of them shows a Bouncer.
- April 28th: The 4th Rune Symbol has now appeared at Loot Lake.
- The Rune at the Tilted Towers hills teleported to Loot Lake and activated into one of the the slots from it, causing the volcano to smoke even more.
- April 30th: A new rune symbol has appeared above the final Loot Lake door hatch.
- April 31st: A room inside one of the Loot Lake government hatches seems to have a picture of a X-4 Stormwing on it.
- May 1st: Another picture has been revealed in the Loot Lake hatch, revealing a Tactical Submachine Gun.
- A new screen has appeared in the Loot Lake chalkboard room.
- May 3rd: The final rune from the volcano teleported to Loot Lake and entered the last hatch. A new, 24 hour countdown timer has appeared above the hatch similar to Season 4 and Season 7.
- The countdown at Loot Lake expired, the hatch has opened a portal, sending players back to the In-Between. Soon after players exited the realm, the smoke from the volcano had covered the sky and soon began to erupt. Retail Row, Polar Peak and Tilted Towers were hit by the blasts and were severely damaged.
- A power source coming out of Loot Lake from the vault is the source of all of Neo Tilted's energy. The lake is also starting to overgrow.
- The docks have been upgraded by the government.
- There is also a Slipstream next to the factories.
- June 18: The Monster from Polar Peak has attacked Loot Lake's government watchtower areas as well as the Factories nearby. A footprint has been left in the tarmac and the wire connecting to Neo Tilted has been slightly damaged.
- A Snow Cones truck can be found at the north west corner of Loot Lake.
- July 2nd: A duck is coming to Loot Lake.
- July 7th: The duck climbs the river, almost in the Loot Lake part.
- July 8th: The duck is now in Loot Lake.
- July 17th: The duck is now gone.
- July 24th: There are rift sounds coming from the glowing orb, and it has turned slightly red.
- July 25th: The floating orb above the resort has turned slightly purple and it has a blue aura around it.
- July 27th: The floating orb has got brighter, and is making strange heartbeat or clock noises. There is also more particles coming off it.
- July 29th: The floating orb has become very bright and has more particles coming out of it. There is also lot's of light coming out of it.
- July 30th: The floating orb is now pulsing and emitting lot's of very fast string-like particles. It is also extremely bright and flashing.
- A tree near the vault has also turned yellow.
- The floating orb has exploded, and an anti-gravity zone has been created at the centre of the lake. Strange noises can be heard when inside it, and there are floating objects everywhere.
- The power cable is now inactive, and shows a very dark red and black pattern that moves slowly.
- The Vault is filled with dirt.
- The Zero-Gravity zone has increased in size very slowly, and the orb seems to be more cracked.
- August 14th: A new wrecked building with floating chests in it has appeared. The inside looks like one of the government buildings from Season 8.
- On one of the islands from The Butterfly Event a cube memorial has appeared.
- The Zero Point at Loot Lake has started making strange, clock-like ticking noises.
Loot Lake before Season X
Loot Lake before The Final Showdown Event
Loot Lake before Season 9
Loot Lake during Season 7
Loot Lake before Season 7
Loot Lake before The Butterfly Event
Loot Lake before Fortnitemares
Loot Lake before Season 6
Loot Lake before Season 5
- Loot Lake has been involved in the most live events in Battle Royale history: The Sinking Event, The Butterfly Event, The Unvaulting Event, The Final Showdown Event, and The End Event.
- Loot Lake is one of the three locations that has been updated at least once per season. The other two are Fatal Fields and Retail Row.
- Loot Lake might be the largest named POI on Athena.