Lobber husks throw purple or orange flaming skulls from a long distance. Purple skulls deal damage on impact to players and structures, while orange skulls linger and deal damage per second to players only.
Lobbers need to be prioritized during defense Missions as they can easily and quickly destroy buildings if left unchecked. When paired with Flingers, their combination can become especially dangerous.
They are first introduced during the second defense wave of Stonewood Storm Shield Defense 2.
- Standard - Common in all areas. Lobs the standard high damage artillery skulls.
- Poison – Lobs orange artillery skulls that leave behind an orange, poisonous cloud.
- Beehive – Throws beehives at the player and when they land, bees swarm the area.
- Love – Lobs pink artillery skulls that leave pink, damage-dealing clouds.
Tips and Strategy
- If time allows, clear sight lines around your fortification to allow sniping. Lobbers prefer to hide behind rocks and trees to make sniping them more difficult. Taking out trees near Storm vortexes can make it much easier to kill them.
- It is strongly recommended to add roofing to objective defenses, to prevent Lobbers' skulls from damaging the objective directly. Additional protection can be added by placing a pyramid building piece on top of a flat horizontal piece.
- While the poison variant is virtually harmless to structures, their combination with the Beehive husks can create a very restrictive field which is especially dangerous to Ninjas.
- As noted above, the skull projectiles can be shot down midair. This is often easier if the Lobber has cover and it is too dangerous to abandon the objective to hunt it down. Weapons with a high rate of fire such as LMGs and SMGs make shooting the projectiles easier since the high rate of fire minimizes the need for accurate targeting.
- It is significantly easier to shoot down projectiles from normal Lobbers than poison ones. This is because poison Lobber projectiles move a lot faster.
- They usually hide in the back of the pack of husks
- Anti-Air traps are strongly recommended as they can easily shoot down enemy projectiles.