|Light Machine Gun (LMG)|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 14.00|
The Light Machine Gun was added to the Vault on Patch 6.00 making it exclusively available in Playground and Creative, It was vaulted because it can tear through any structures including metal builds, making them overpowered. However during the 14 Days of Summer event on June 24th, 2019. The Light Machine Gun was unvaulted for 24 hours and was the first weapon ever to be unvaulted for the event. A few days after Season 6 released, the Light Machine Gun was removed from Playground.
The weapon was an Assault Rifle during Season 3 and 4, but was changed to no classification in Seasons 5-7. After a while, the community though this weapon was actually an SMG or a Machine Gun like the Minigun. However, on the initial patch of Season 8, the Light Machine Gun was finally classified as an Assault Rifle.
In Patch 13.0, it's headshot damage multiplier was demoted from 2x to 1.5x. (Now dealing only 37/39 instead of 50/52) A lot of players don't know about the LMG is that it has first-shot accuracy, so it is slightly effective at medium-long ranges. In Patch 14.0, the Light Machine Gun was unvaulted after 1 year and 11 months in the Vault.
The Light Machine Gun has been vaulted with Patch 15.00
|Light Machine Gun|
|Light Machine Gun|
- Light Machine Gun Pullout
- Light Machine Gun Shoot
- Light Machine Gun Reload
- Light Machine Gun Pickup
- Light Machine Gun Drop
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Eliminating Henchmen||Rare Chest|
- The high capacity of 100 bullets in a single magazine and a high rate of fire makes the Light Machine Gun favorable at close ranges. At medium ranges, it is advised to fire the gun in bursts of 5-8 rounds as unloading your entire clip will waste a lot of ammunition from the poor long-term accuracy.
- It is good to have a backup weapon, as the Light Machine Gun possesses a lengthy reload time of 5 and 4.75 seconds for the and variants, respectively.
- The Light Machine Gun is very effective at destroying weak defenses or walls that are immediately placed by another player.
- During Duo or Squad matches, the Light Machine Gun can be used to suppress a target while your teammates flank them, or by assisting someone who is in a hurry.
- The Light Machine Gun has first shot accuracy, so if your medium range weapon ran out of ammo and there is a LMG on the floor nearby, you should pick it up as a backup medium range weapon.
- Be careful when firing the Light Machine Gun, it makes a loud noise, and it may expose your position to enemies.
- The Light Machine Gun is based off of the FN Herstal Minimi LMG, designated in the U.S. Army as the M249 LMG.
- The Light Machine Gun is listed as an Assault Rifle. This is may be because the Assault class is the closest thing to a machine gun class. Many players were confused if it was an SMG, but Season 8 fully categorized the weapon as an Assault Rifle.
- It sounds reasonable because the LMG Rifle in Save the World is also an Assault Rifle.
- During the 14 Days of Summer event, the Light Machine Gun was unvaulted for the first day. There were a lot of people who started to use this weapon a lot, very similar to when the Tactical Submachine Gun was unvaulted for the event as well.
- This gun has the highest magazine size out of any gun, at 100. Because you can only carry 999 other Medium Bullets, you can potentially carry 1,099 bullets with this gun. This also means, despite having a fire rate of 8, it takes 12.5 seconds to exhaust 1 clip, making it very controllable in this sense. This also means, that it does 25/26 damage per clip if you land a body shot. It used to do 50/52 per clip assuming you landed all headshots but now is 37/39.