Hand Cannon (Battle Royale)
|This article is about a Heavy Weapon. For the others, see Heavy Weapons.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||15.40.1 Hotfix|
Hand Cannon is a pistol in Battle Royale. It is available in , and variants. It uses Heavy Bullets and has a headshot multiplier of x2.0. The Hand Cannon is accurate but fires slowly with powerful shots that do a lot of damage to materials. It can be found from floor loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
The Hand Cannon was vaulted on initial release of Chapter 2, making it only available in Creative. It was vaulted to reduce the number of items in the game. It was also vaulted because it was not used a lot in-game.
The Hand Cannon has been unvaulted for 24 hours on December 28, 2019, and January 4, 2020, respectively. Following the Boom Bow and Infantry Rifle, this is the 11th and 18th weapon to be unvaulted for the event.
In Patch 13.20, the Hand Cannon has received a new texture, hinting it will be unvaulted in the future.
The Hand Cannon was seen in the promotional image of the Cars, hinting again the return of the Hand Cannon.
Spy Games Exclusive
|Hand Cannon +|
|When shot, propels you backwards and if the enemy is near you, propels them forward.|
- Hand Cannon Pullout
- Hand Cannon Shoot
- Hand Cannon Reload
- Hand Cannon Pickup
- Hand Cannon Drop
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop|
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Rare Chest||Supply Drop|
- The Hand Cannon can be a good choice for medium to long-range fights, but while not impossible, it is difficult to use in close-range fights, as it has a low fire rate and accuracy.
- The Hand Cannon can be considered as a substitute to a sniper rifle in case the player does not have one, as its minimum damage at long range is 50.
- It does enough material damage to take out a freshly built stone wall in one shot.
- It can be used together with a shotgun if the player has enough accuracy, as both do heavy damage but do not fire fast, a downside which can be negated by switching between both. On top of this, the Hand Cannon can also be used to break materials that enemies try to place.
- The Hand Cannon is based on the Desert Eagle Mark XIX pistol in the ported barrel configuration. While the most common Desert Eagles are chambered for .357 Magnum bullets, this version is extremely likely to be chambered for .50 Action Express pistol ammunition. The community often refers to it as “Deagle” for short.
- The Hand Cannon is the first pistol out of 2 to use Heavy Bullets. The Flint-Knock Pistol was the second.
- The Hand Cannon has the 2nd lowest fire rate of a gun to not reload after every shot. The one lower is the Proximity Grenade Launcher, with a fire rate of 0.65. Furthermore, the Hunting Rifle, which does reload every shot, has the same fire rate. The Boom Bow, which formally in Season 8 did, had a fire rate of 1.
- The Hand Cannon used to be able to destroy any wooden structure but the damage got nerfed.