|This article is about the vaulted Dual Pistols. For the variant of this weapon, see Hop Rock Dualies.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||7.10 Content Update #3|
Dual Pistols are pistols in Battle Royale. They are available in (Spy Games only), , and variants. They use Medium Bullets, have a head shot multiplier of x1.65, and lack first shot accuracy. The Dual Pistols are a two-shot burst weapon that fire high damage shots quickly and quite accurately, but can be tricky to aim and suffer at a distance. The Dual Pistols can be found from floor loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
The Dual Pistols are currently only available in Spy Games LTMs.
The Dual Pistols used to be available in and variants, but were demoted to and following Patch 5.40. They were Vaulted in Patch 6.21. They were unvaulted in 7.10 Content Update #3, replacing the Six Shooter. However on Patch 9.30, The Dual Pistols have been Re-vaulted, making it exclusively available in Creative. They were vaulted the first time for extra space, and they were vaulted the second time due to not many people using it.
In Patch 13.2, its Headshot Damage Multiplier was Demoted from 2x to 1.65x (now dealing only 61/64/67/70 instead of 74/78/82/86).
Spy Games Exclusive
How To Obtain :
- Get the Trusty Dual Wield Tech & one of the following Techs: Gun Smith/Trusty Magazine/Trusty Headhunter.
- Get the Trusty Dual Wield Tech & two of the following Techs: Gun Smith/Trusty Magazine/Trusty Headhunter.
- Get the Trusty Dual Wield and all of the following Techs: Gun Smith/Trusty Magazine/Trusty Headhunter.
- Dual Pistols Pullout
- Dual Pistols Shoot
- Dual Pistols Reload
- Dual Pistols Pickup
- Dual Pistols Drop #1
- Dual Pistols Drop #2
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop|
|✅||✅||✅ (Before 5.1)|
- Unlike most pistols, they are fully automatic, meaning that you can constantly fire the weapon by holding down the trigger.
- Dual Pistols are considered a major step-up over the Pistol, as a single shot to the body is able to take almost half of a target's health, with two head shots able to take out all the shield and half the health of an enemy.
- The Dual Pistols fire roughly one burst every half second. Their ability to constantly output high damage makes them an effective pressure tool.
- If the player has good aim and luck with their accuracy, they can replace a shotgun, doing similar damage with a similar fire rate to that of the Tactical Shotgun.
- The Dual Pistols' fire rate to damage ratio can allow them to replace a submachine gun. They are able to break materials very quickly and do good constant damage to follow up a good hit from a shotgun.
- There is slight upwards recoil between the first and second shot.
- They have a limited magazine size and a high reload time. Be careful when unloading shots quickly.
|7.10 Content Upd. #3||✅ &|
- The Dual Pistols are based on the FNX-9 pistol.
- This is one of the six items to be vaulted, then unvaulted then vaulted again. The other 5 items are Guided Missile, Suppressed Submachine Gun (Since unvaulted on 9.30 Content Update), Clinger, Impulse Grenade, and Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle.
- This was the second weapon to be unvaulted in Fortnite, following the Guided Missile.
- Each pistol holds 9 bullets due to the fact that its maximum magazine size is 18.
- This is the only gun ever to have a unique headshot multiplier of 1.65x
- The firerate almost matches the current Burst Assault Rifle (Battle Royale) but has a 0.01 second difference where the pistols are that much faster than the Burst Assault Rifle.