|Shotgun: Automatic. Deals moderate damage at a fast fire rate. Large spread and magazine size.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||9.30 Content Update 2|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 15.40|
Drum Shotgun was a shotgun in Battle Royale that was available in , , and variants and has a headshot multiplier of 1.25x (dealing 56/60/62 damage to the head). It was released on 9.30 Content Update #2.
It was vaulted with the 10.20.2 hotfix on September 4th 2019. No reason was provided for the vault, however it may have been due to not many players using it.
The Drum Shotgun has received new pullout, reload and drop sounds with Patch 15.40 hinting towards it's unvault in the future.
9.30 C.U. #2
- Drum Shotgun Old Pullout (Before Patch 15.40)
- Drum Shotgun New Pullout (After Patch 15.40)
- Drum Shotgun Shooting
- Drum Shotgun Old Reload (Before Patch 15.40)
- Drum Shotgun New Reload (After Patch 15.40)
- Drum Shotgun Pickup
- Drum Shotgun Old Drop (Before Patch 15.40)
- Drum Shotgun New Drop (After Patch 15.40)
- The Drum Shotgun is a very good choice at very close range as it has a high fire rate, the largest magazine size of all shotguns and high DPS. However, its bad accuracy and low damage make the weapon better for extra close range, to keep its damage.
- The Drum Shotgun should only be used at super close range, as it has a wide spread and steep damage dropoff.
- Although people thinks that the Drum Shotgun has the same range and damage fall off as the Double Barrel Shotgun, they're wrong. The Drum Shotgun actually has the same maximum range as the Heavy Shotgun, of 8 tiles, while the damage fall off starts at a distance of 1.50 tiles from the enemy, the same as the Tactical Shotgun and the Charge Shotgun.
- Drum Shotgun has the fastest fire rate in game as a shotgun, firing 4 bullets per second, The fire rate is 2.3 times bigger than Combat Shotgun, 3.3 times bigger than Pump Shotgun and 2.5 times bigger than Tactical Shotgun.
- Its name is similar to the Drum Gun, as it has high fire rate, low damage input and higher magazine clip size.
- The Drum Shotgun may be a reference to the Fostech Origin 12 shotgun: , with a drum magazine attached to it.
- Drum Shotgun has the largest magazine size in game as a shotgun, having a 2.4 times higher magazine size than the Pump Shotgun and 1.5 times higher magazine size than both the Combat Shotgun and Tactical Shotgun
- Drum Shotgun does the least amount of damage as a shotgun.
- Drum Shotgun does the second highest amount of DPS on a shotgun. The first is Double Barrel Shotgun.
- This is the third shotgun to be available in common and uncommon rarities, the first being the Pump Shotgun and Tactical Shotgun.
- Due to the weapon's (somewhat) large magazine capacity, as well as a (somewhat) fast fire rate, the weapon would be classed as an "assault shotgun" in real life.
- It was one of the most shortest lived items, and the shortest lived shotgun, in the game. It was only around for a little over 2 months.
- The Drum Shotgun is also the second shotgun to use an actual magazine, instead of loading it by hand one by one, which was supposed to shorten the time it takes to load a shotgun. However, the reload time is pretty long - not much faster than reloading the rarest SPAS-12 Pump Shotgun - meaning that one was basically better off filling up a SPAS-12 with 5 rounds one-by-one than reloading a Drum Shotgun's full clip of twelve rounds all at once, as well as the fact that a Drum Shotgun needs a minimum of four rounds to kill someone at headshot damage, whilst a SPAS-12 Gold can one-shot someone full health and shields with a little bit of inaccuracy.
- Surprisingly, the Drum Shotgun, even having a high damage falloff, it actually has the same maximum range as the Heavy Shotgun (8 Tiles), so it has more range than the Pump Shotgun, Tactical Shotgun, Charge Shotgun and Lever Action Shotgun.