Challenge the Horde is a survival Mission in Save the World. It was first released on October 5th as part of the Horde Bash event and was re-released on Road Trip event with a modified mechanics. Challenge the Horde mission has the following key points:
- Select Difficulty - Decide as a team which difficulty and select it from the control panel.
- Prepare to Fight - Use resources received before each wave to craft weapons, repair fort, places traps and deploy defenders.
- Defend Forts - Survive, but watch out for modifiers that make things more challenging.
Challenge the Horde (Road Trip)
On the Patch 5.0 version of Challenge the Horde, The Horde map comes in the desert which focuses on a tighter experience with less running from base to base between waves, and more time to focus on building and item-crafting.
Challenge the Horde can be unlocked based upon the Storm Shield Defense progression or Horde Quest progression in the Campaign. This means that players who are currently playing in Twine Peaks can expect the entire Challenge the Horde map to be unlocked. However, individual challenges within a Horde mission must still be unlocked in order. It also introduces new Storm behavior that beat back waves of enemies as the storm closes in (resets every wave) and while in the Storm, players take damage. Mechanics were added or adjusted as follows:
- Reduced the total number of Challenge the Horde missions available on the map from 16 to 9.
- Set the total number of challenges to 5 for every Horde mission. Previously, the number of challenges varied from as low as 3, to as high as 8.
- Reduced the number of waves per Horde challenge from 10 to 8.
- Reduced the maximum time of a wave from 6 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Enemy loot drops and item caches have been disabled for Challenge the Horde.
- Active Mutant Storm Mission Alerts have been turned on.
- Elemental Mission Alerts are available.
- Challenge the Horde missions now grant a starter, first tier, uncommon Assault Rifle and Sword to help players hit the ground running in early Horde missions.
- The initial ammunition grant has been increased to match the increased difficulty of the first Horde mission.
- Building materials, ammunition, and crafting materials granted to players per skill tree upgrade have been reduced throughout the Horde Skill Tree.
Mission Alerts in Challenge the Horde are available with a maximum limit of 10 per day.
- Award Road Trip Tickets used to purchase Road Trip Event Llamas.
- Award Horde Skill Points used to purchase nodes in the Horde Skill Tree.
- Perk Recombobulator materials are now distributed in Challenge the Horde including RE-PERK! or PERK-UP! in larger quantities than found in Campaign missions.
Road Trip Quests
Horde Progression quests appear under the Event: Road Trip quest journal category and grant various rewards: Road Trip Tickets, V-Bucks, PERK currencies, a choice of Epic and Legendary Wild West Heroes, Horde Exclusive Banners. Repeatable quests for completing Horde content award a choice of Hero XP, Schematic XP, or Survivor XP.
Weekly Challenge Mission
Each week starting on Patch 5.20, during the run of the Road Trip event, there will be a new Weekly Challenge mission in the Challenge the Horde zone. These zones include specially crafted challenges to push player’s skills using a variety of modifiers and wave compositions.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 1: Mini Bosses Challenge - 3 Mini Bosses spawn each wave.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 2: Bullet Proof Husks Challenge - Bulletproof enemies that must be defeated with melee weapons, traps, or Hero abilities.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 3: Endurance Challenge - 16 waves of shorter wave phases, less time to prepare and faster enemies.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 4: No Trap Challenge - Husks will not trigger traps when walking over/near them.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 5: Buff Husks Challenge - Enemies are hard to defeat, and bat players away with strong knockbacks.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 6: Assassin Husks Challenge - Players have no shield.
- Weekly Horde Challenge 7: Crowd Control Husks Challenge - Stuns, knockbacks and slowing fields does not affect husks.
- Combat Badge
- Building Badge
- Utility Badge
- Challenge the Horde Prestige Tier Completed
- Challenge the Horde Tier
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 1 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 2 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 3 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 4 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 5 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 6 Completed
- Challenge the Horde - Wave 7 Completed
- Victory - Completed All Horde Waves
|0||Weekly Horde Challenge (repeatable)||Complete a 76+ Power Weekly Horde Challenge Zone||Road Trip Tickets (Amount: 75)|