|Last Adjustment||Patch 10.40|
The B.R.U.T.E (commonly referred to as "the Mech") was a ground vehicle in Battle Royale. It is a giant mech suit that can be mounted by 2 players at a time. The driver has a dash, stomp and super jump attack. Additionally, the passenger seat has a shotgun that fires 5 pellets and missile attack while being shielded by a forcefield. The B.R.U.T.E can also use player materials to create an overshield that protects the mech's gunner seat. It additionally has a self-destruct function, which causes it to explode after 5 seconds and damage any nearby players for 100 damage.
- The Self-Destruct will kill it no matter what; Just make sure not to get caught in the blast radius.
- The Gunner and Navigator are completely susceptible to damage and headshots; and the Shield only protects the Gunner. Whenever possible; shoot the occupants instead of the mech
- Boogie-bombs will immediately eject both occupants
- Boxing and 90s against a brute is death- although you can theoretically box-in a brute, especially if the gunner doesn't notice the pilot is dead. Consider the use of Pyramids and Doritos. Doritos are effective against the rockets due to their open and erratic nature
- Wood is pointless to use against it.
- Despite the 1000 HP, later 1,250, the average automatic weapon can spray it down.
- The Brute has all the mobility of a beached whale; but all the agility of a cat. Force the driver to expend his capabilities to maneuver and resort to bunny-hopping
- STAY MOBILE
- On September 25th (Patch 10.40), B.R.U.T.Es across the map began to explode upon landing, effectively vaulting them. This was due to them having a virus - seen in the grey Dusty Depot warehouse. It has also been seen to kill the players that tried to use them in midair.
- The B.R.U.T.E is the third-ever vehicle in Battle Royale to have a built-in weapon, the first two being the Pirate Cannon and X-4 Stormwing.
- It is the first-ever vehicle to have 2 built-in weapons.
- In a Fortnite blog post, the team said they introduced the B.R.U.T.E. to help inexperienced players who struggled to get Victory Royales, therefore boosting confidence.
- The B.R.U.T.E's name is inspired by several items' names in Save the World.
- It is the first, and currently only, vehicle that is capable of doing emotes.
- It is also the first vehicle to have its own unique emote - the "B.R.U.T.A.L Dab".
- It is the second vehicle to be introduced at the start of a season then vaulted the at the start of the next season. The first being was X-4 Stormwing.
- The B.R.U.T.E shotgun is known internally by the game as the Ostrich Weapon.