World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|6.30 Patch Notes|
|Date||14 November 2018|
|See all Patch Notes|
- 1 General
- 2 Battle Royale
- 2.1 Limited Time Mode: Food Fight
- 2.2 Playground
- 2.3 Weapons + Items
- 2.4 Gameplay
- 2.5 Events
- 2.6 Performance
- 2.7 Audio
- 2.8 UI
- 2.9 Art + Animation
- 2.10 Replay System
- 2.11 Spectating
- 2.12 Mobile
- 3 Save the World
- 4 Hotfixes and Known Issues
- 5 References
Make a mess in a new Limited Time Mode and defend your structure with the Mounted Turret! Save the World gets a makeover with a full updated Skill Tree!
- Optimized particle effects processing, including fixes for non-visible systems.
- The Sprint by Default setting will be enabled by default for all new players.
- Fixed push-to-talk getting interrupted when entering or leaving a menu.
- Fixed selecting Voice Chat input and output devices in the options menu when there is more than one non-default input or output device.
- Fixed an issue where weapons could have the wrong textures applied.
- Improved the speed of gathering information when submitting feedback in-game.
- Push-to-talk now works in the menu when bound to mouse buttons other than left and right click.
- Improved the sorting order and separation of party invite and friend actions.
- The chat window will automatically switch to the Team or Party chat whenever joining a team or party. Restored system messages when party and team members join.
- Increased the expanded and minimized size of the chat window.
- Chat scrollbar is no longer visible when chat is minimized.
- Whispers received while Party or Team chat is open will now appear in-line in the current window.
- Getting kicked from a party will no longer forcibly remove the player from the current match or zone.
- Fixed an issue where invites sent to PS4 friends who are not also Epic Friends would work unreliably if that friend came online after you started the game.
- Fixed issue where banners were too small or incorrect in certain areas of the UI.
- Fixed an issue where chat text would not appear when playing in a game unless the chat window was hovered on or opened/closed.
- The Social team got distracted by a butterfly. Here are some things we forgot to mention from previous patches.
- Patch v6.21
- Fixed an issue where your console friends that were not Epic friends were displaying their Epic name in your friend's list.
- Fixed issue where play-with-friends challenges weren’t properly awarding progress.
- Battle Royale cosmetics should no longer appear on Save the World heroes.
- Removed the combined chat channel (named “All”), it wasn’t as useful as we had hoped and was being confused for the Global chat channel.
- Friend s playing the same game mode as you will now appear at the top of the Friends list.
- Patch v6.22
- Re-added Battle Royale hologram visuals for people who are actively in-match.
- Text describing players remaining and time-in-match will be restored soon.
- Fixed an issue that could result in “ghost” party members after a Save the World match.
- Fixed an issue that would allow a Battle Royale hero to appear in the Save the World lobby.
Limited Time Mode: Food Fight
- The battle of Durrr Burger versus Pizza Pit has begun. Two teams on either side of the map. A huge barrier runs down the middle. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the Barrier lowers, destroy the enemy's mascot to win the match!
- Mode Details
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the match.
- Teams should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers... fight to take out the enemy mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red Supply Drops spawn at the start of the match. These hold a handful of weapons, ammo, consumables, traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after 7 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a percentage of their ammo upon elimination, as well as 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
- 100% extra resources are gained from gathering.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 20 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.
- Port-a-Challenges no longer spawn below terrain.
Weapons + Items
- Mounted Turret added (Legendary Trap)
- Found in Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Supply Llamas
- Unlimited Ammo, but will overheat if fired too often.
- Can only be placed on floors.
- Damage the Mounted Turret by shooting it directly or by destroying structural support.
- Once placed, can be used by any player regardless of team affiliation.
- When a vehicle passenger uses a Grappler, the movement has been smoothed out by retaining more vehicle momentum.
- Pickaxe damage against players has been increased from 10 to 20.
- Balloons now have proper audio and visual effects if several are popped simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue in which players could take damage when leaving a Quadcrasher while using Balloons.
- Fixed Quadcrashers being movable by walking into them.
- Quadcrashers spawn rate has been increased to 100% from 50%.
- Gamepad Bindings; Changing the default gamepad config from Combat Pro to Builder Pro. Updating the default custom bindings to match Builder Pro instead of Combat Pro.
- Emoting, bandaging, shield potion usage and other movement cancellable actions can now be used while affected by Chillers.
- Damage numbers will now show up in the starting island.
- Players will take damage, but not go below 1 health.
- Local damage effects like screen shake will not play.
- No quest progress will be gained for damage done in the warmup lobby.
- Better handling of effects when players fire short bursts of fully automatic weapons like the Submachine Gun.
- Tracers and firing sounds will be more consistent.
- Added a new “Reset Camera” action on the Nintendo Switch that can be bound that brings the camera to the horizon.
- Unbound by default.
- This gives players with motion controls an easy way to reset their camera location.
- The time a player is in the Down But Not Out state before being eliminated has been increased from 50 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Glider Redeploy
- We are disabling Glider Re-Deploy in all default modes starting in v6.30.
- It will remain in the larger team modes (e.g. Soaring 50s, Disco Domination etc.) and Playground to allow ongoing experimentation with this feature.
- Glider Redeploy will now only activate the Glider.
- Skydiving will no longer be available when using Glider Redeploy.
- The Skydiving state will still be activated when jumping from the Battle Bus, using Launch Pads, or any type of Rifts.
- If Skydiving from Launch Pads or Rifts, the forced Glider deploy height has been raised from 15.5 meters to 35 meters.
- Fixed an issue where holding the Interact binding while skydiving would not automatically start opening chests upon landing.
- Fixed an issue where players briefly continued to look like they were skydiving when landing.
- Fixed issue where PS4 controller lighting could be the wrong color.
- New Tournament: ‘Scavenger Pop-Up Cup’ (Solo)
- Pop-Up Cups are tournaments testing temporary limited time modes. Scavenger will test several gameplay adjustments - reduced material limit, faster material harvesting, and earning health for eliminations.
- Material Cap: 500 Wood, 500 Brick, 500 Metal
- Harvesting Rate has been increased by 40%
- Players gain 50 health when eliminating an opponent.
- If health is full, players will receive shield.
- Players will no longer need to restart the game client to begin a tournament.
- Scheduled times will now correctly reflect Daylight Savings Time.
- Improved clarity for time until a tournament starts and time remaining in a tournament session.
- Fixed an issue in Tournaments where players were not being matchmade against opponents with similar scores. This will greatly increase the difficulty of matches as players earn points.
- Note that players with high scores during a session may experience longer matchmaking times as we search for suitable opponents.
- After roughly 4 minutes of searching for opponents with similar scores, players will be placed in the best match available.
- Fixed an issue where tournament scoring would sometimes require restarting the client to update.
- Fixed an issue where Victory Royale’s would incorrectly appear as regular Placement points in the score summary.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally be granted a point incorrectly at the start of match, and it would disappear after the match.
- Fixed an issue where teammates would sometimes fail to queue into a match together.Fixed an issue where matches would start with fewer than 80 players.
- Improved lobby performance and memory usage on Switch.
- Optimized animation performance. Animation now operates with a fixed time budget, and will dynamically adjust quality and update rate based on load.
- Glider and footstep audio for out of sight players is now more accurately spatialized.
- Added hit notification audio when damaging vehicles from a distance.
- Added ‘wind’ audio cue for players traveling through the air, including yourself.
- Fixed an issue where Cube Monster footsteps did not have a visual sound indicator.
- Fixed an issue that would cause tire bounce sounds to trigger twice.
- Fixed an issue where looping weapon sounds would occasionally be silent.
- Fixed an issue where jumping and landing audio for other players could fail to play reliably.
- Added an indication of already completed secrets to the Hunting Party Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where the jersey number could get reset when changing the style on a sports Outfit with selectable styles.
Art + Animation
- Updated unlock text for the pink variant of Scales to correctly state that it unlocks at Battle Pass tier 74 instead of tier 59.
- Updated the ""Herald's Wand"" harvesting tool to indicate that it is reactive.
- Fixed an issue where spamming the Play button on the Replay Browser would cause an error.
- Fixed an issue where the close button would become inactive when loading out of date replays.
- Quad Launcher explosions no longer reset when scrubbing during replays.
- The primary quick bar is now visible when spectating a player.
- Honk button added to extra buttons in the HUD Layout Tool for all your vehicular honking needs.
- Elimination feed can now be relocated in the HUD Layout Tool.
- The auto-pickup weapons and auto-open doors options will now be defaulted to off for new players.
- App icon now fills to the edge on newer Android versions.
- UI now accounts for the notches in the display of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
- Enabled shader cache on the Pixel2XL to address memory issues.
- Fixed a bug where the crouch button would not be visible in build/edit modes.
- Fixed a bug causing persistent movement input when dragging over the quick bar.
- Fixed a bug causing sprint to not work on mobile for some players.
Save the World
Missions + Systems
- Front End interface has been reorganized into a more intuitive player experience. Find out even more information in our blog.
- Some of the menus are now associated with areas of your Home Base, and the cast of characters who work there, including several new faces!
- Quest - Campaign and Event quests where you can quickly launch into the game.
- Map - Lets you pick specific missions to play and earn specific rewards.
- Command - Manage Heroes, Survivors, Defenders, and Expeditions. You can also spend Upgrade and Research points here. Find more details below!
- Armory - This is where you can find Schematics, Storage, the Collection Book, and Transformations
- Item Shop - The Llama pinatas and Event Shop can be found here.
- New tutorials have been added to unlock and introduce new players to the new Front End menu.
- You will now receive FORT stats, Upgrade Points, Research Point Generation, Heroes, Schematics, or other items and resources every time your Account Level increases.
- Existing players will retroactively receive a Giftbox containing these rewards, based on their current Account Level.
- Previous Skill Trees have been replaced with the new Upgrades Page.
- All Skill Points earned previously have been removed and all existing players are awarded new Upgrade Points. The number of Upgrade Points awarded is based on their current Account Level.
- Players can spend these new Upgrade Points to unlock improved pickaxes, Building Health, Gadgets, and other improvements in the new Upgrades Page.
- The player’s Account Level defines when these Gadgets and other improvements can be acquired.
- Previous Research Trees have been replaced with the new Research Page.
- Players will be able to spend Research Points to increase FORT stats.
- All currently acquired or spent Research Points have been refunded.
- Many of the feature unlocks that used to exist in the previous Skill Tree and Research Tree - like Transformation, Recycling, Evolution, and Expeditions - have become part of quest rewards.
- Any features that the player acquired previously will continue to be available upon migration.
- Adjusted quest and mission flow in Stonewood and Plankerton.
- Added, removed, and tweaked quests to account for Front End redesign.
- These now grant many of the squad slots and feature unlocks that were previously found in the Skill Tree.
- Players who have already progressed past these quests will receive a Giftbox containing these new rewards.
- New characters, quests, narrative, and better pacing during the earlier portions of the game.
- Added new Landmark Zones and Missions
- Build Off!
- Plank Harbor
- Steel Icarus
- Readjusted the combat length in the initial Stonewood Missions.
- Added random storm lightning strikes/mini-encounters in most zones and missions.
- Plankerton Storm Shields can now be completed one after the other, without having to finish all of the linear story missions between them.
- The structure is similar to Canny Valley and Twine Peaks.
- Collection Book rewards have been extended to level 500 and reworked.
- The Collection Book rewards were updated to include new materials such as PERK-UP, RE-PERK, and Flux.
- XP rewards have been increased.
- Reward quantities for Evolution materials have been increased and tweaked to feel more consistent throughout.
- Skill Points and V-bucks have been removed from the Collection Book.
- Existing players will receive a Giftbox containing these new rewards, based on their current Collection Book level.
- Players who were at the old max level will receive additional levels based on how much XP they have earned.
- All items previously earned through the Collection Book will remain on your account.
- We’ve removed the “Mission Expires in” text from the Hex map. It will now only show “Time Remaining:” and the number associated with it.
- New primary mission “Refuel the Homebase” replaces the “BluGlo Siphon” secondary mission.
- The ambient BluGlo density in Plankerton has been brought up to compensate for the removal of the Siphon secondary mission.
- Fixed an issue causing Deliver the Bomb to show the final encounter timer in the objective list instead of at the top of the screen.
- The Rift in the Deliver The Bomb Mission has a much smaller range that blocks the player from building near it.
- Players should no longer get stuck waiting with no HUD after completing a mission.
- If experiencing a network error, the player should see “Waiting for rewards results…” in the rewards screen instead.
- Fixed Hexylvania Takers not giving credit for the Kill Mist Monsters repeatable quest
- Quest dialog in the Main Menu will begin after the player has gone through the reward screens.
- The outlines for special enemies with headpieces will now properly match their models.
- Such as Beehive and Pumpkinhead Husks.
- Updated quest map 'Play’ Button to stay visible at all times, even when disabled.
- Fixed Quest Map to update screen mode details on mode change and not button click.
- Fixed arrows on quest map.
- Using arrow keys on the Quest Map no longer displays the last selected mission information.
- Fixed a typo on the lobby matchmaking text for the hex map screen.
- Changed the wording on the popup displayed when slotting items to the Collection Book.
- Text now reads ""This selected hero/item will be removed and added to your collection book. Certain Heroes / Items may be removed from the collection book for a cost.""
- Expedition Squads progression bar no longer shrinks when the seconds' digits hit zero.
- Owned' count added to item choice pack options.
- If you already own an item listed in the choices then a number will appear showing how many you already own.
- Updated markup of the Schematics help section.
- Fixed the alteration options widget to properly scroll selections when the scroll box is active.
- Fixed 'Scroll Text' button callout is observed to be active after the player is navigated to the reward screen after completing a mission.
- Updated tutorial announcements to handle all current gamepad control schemes for keybinding callouts.
- Incorrect message is no longer displayed when non-party leader opens permissions in a storm shield.
- Text reads ""The storm shield belongs to someone else. You cannot grant yourself permissions.""
- Airstrike now properly displays its cooldown once it is given to the player during the tutorial sequence.
- Event Store items now retain scroll positions for both Event and Weekly item views when backing out or switching to the other view.
- Fixed a minor hitch in the Quest menu.
- Major memory improvements have been made for all platforms.
- Fixed a hitch when opening the quest tab in-game.
- Fixed an issue with Elemental Husk materials that could cause a client crash.
- This has a positive side effect of reducing memory usage.
- Added full voiceover for Calamity, Dusk, and Harper.
- Fixed issue where Anti-Material charge could destroy a building piece but leaves the attached trap floating in the air and active.
- This means players can no longer stack traps on top of each other.
- Fixed an issue where “Keen Eyes” wouldn't deactivate once “In The Zone” has deactivated.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds from Shockwave didn't play for other players.
- In-game text now shows T.E.D.D.Y instead of TEDDY.
- In-game text now shows D.E.C.O.Y instead of DECOY.
- In-game text now shows B.A.S.E instead of BASE.
Weapons + Items
- Last Word Revolver added to the weekly store.
- Mid-range revolver with a limited magazine but excellent headshot damage.
- Slow and precise when aiming down sights, or can be rapidly fired from the hip for a more damaging, less accurate spray of bullets.
- Available Wednesday, November 14 at 7 PM EST until Wednesday, November 21 at 7 PM EST.
- Increased the drop rate of weapons and traps found in Treasure Chests in Stonewood.
- When shooting a piercing weapon through a series of environmental objects (trees, walls, etc), the damage number now shows the total damage done.
- Neon Launcher sounds now play to all nearby players.
- Added a couple of missing items back into the Llama Pinatas that were accidentally removed during the implementation of Dupe Protection.
- Legendary Sergeant Jonesy
- Epic Equalizer Assault Rifle
- Fixed a bug that caused the Cozy Campfire trap to reduce durability incorrectly when using reload speed perks.
- Players and defenders can now receive healing from up to 4 Cozy Campfires simultaneously.
- Fixed the Shadowshard Candy Corn LMG having the wrong pickup mesh.
- The preview for Sir Hootie will now zoom at the right rate when viewing the weapon.
- Fixed the Wraith not getting the correct bullet spread at low framerates.
- Fixed an issue that could cause controls to become unresponsive when using heavy melee attacks and repairing at the same time.
- Defenders no longer need to be explicitly slotted. When summoning a Defender, players can now select any of their owned Defenders.
- The number of Defenders you can summon simultaneously is still limited by the number of Mission and Home Base Defender “slots” you have unlocked.
- Fixed Hexylvania Takers not life stealing while weakened.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue where glowing effects on Ninja characters would stop glowing after entering Shadow Stance.
- Fixed Riot Shield Husk’s shield not using the correct visual effects for bullet impact.
- Updated audio for the new UI and Front End.
- Added sound to Storm Shield wall when players are close to it.
- Fixed Riot Shield Husk’s shield not using the correct sound effects for bullet impact.
- Fixed an issue with Bee Hive Husk projectile playing for players when NPC is attacked.
- Fixed an issue with Cinematic missing intro sound when transitioning to Ramirez.
- Fixed an issue with reward music not playing proper music when starting.
- Fixed an issue with tire bouncing audio playing twice.
Hotfixes and Known Issues
- Released a hotfix that has adjustments to the Mounted Turret in Battle Royale. 
- Turret Floor health has been reduced from 5000 to 1000.
- Turret health has been reduced from 800 to 400.
- Released a hotfix that has adjustments to the Food Fight LTM in Battle Royale. 
- Mascot health decreased from 200k to 100k.
- Decreased Mounted Turret drop rate by 50%.
- Added the timer of Storm 4 to Storm 3.
- This means there will only be 3 total Storm Circles.
- Reduced the “Auto Mascot Damage” by 40%.
- Auto Mascot damage is applied to each teams Mascot at set intervals so that matches will auto resolve within a set time frame if neither team is able to destroy the enemies Mascot. Auto Mascot damage starts ticking 5 minutes after Storm Circle 2.
Save the World
- Addressed known issue where Save The World players are not receiving daily rewards. 
- Addressed known issue where Save the World players being unable to complete the 'Clear!' Medbot mission in Plankerton. 
- Released a hotfix that resolved the issue preventing Save the World players from being able to complete the 'Clear!' Medbot mission in Plankerton. 
- Released a PC only client update to fix an issue where Elemental Husks in Save the World would lower player's FPS. 
- PC Patch Reverted 
- " We released a PC only client earlier today that resolved the issue causing drops in FPS when encountering Elemental enemies. Unfortunately, this fix introduced a new crash which requires us to revert this fix. This means that PC players may again experience drops in FPS when encountering Elemental enemies. We’re actively working towards a solution and will update you once we are prepared to release a fix."
- Released a hotfix for the issue preventing Save the World players from being granted the mission after completing Canny Valley Defense 2. 
- Mounted Turret Adjustments Twitter
- Food Fight LTM Adjustments Reddit
- Save the World Daily Rewards Issues Twitter
- Save the World Clear Medbot Quest in Plankerton Issue Twitter
- Save the World Clear Medbot Quest in Plankerton Issue (Hotfix) Twitter
- FPS Issue (Hotfix) Twitter
- FPS Issue (Hotfix Reverted) Reddit
- Canny Valley Defense 2 (Hotfix) Twitter