|5.20 Weapon and Building Balance Changes|
|Date||9 August 2018|
|See all Patch Notes|
We’ve seen various discussions about SMGs, building material changes, and general weapon vs structure interaction. We agree that weapons should have a unique purpose and that building should feel great as well as show off your tactical skills in the heat of battle. Your feedback in combination with internal testing has shown that previous changes in these areas were not achieving the goals we had set out for. The new changes are aimed at allowing for strengths and weaknesses between the SMGs, shotguns and structures during close range combat.
Here are the changes that are now live:
By increasing initial wall health values based on material type, material strength should feel more intuitive when making decisions
- Wood wall initial HP increased from 80 to 90
- Stone wall initial HP increased from 80 to 100
- Metal wall initial HP increased from 80 to 110
Dropping SMG effectiveness - they should feel good against structures, but not consistently be the best option in multiple scenarios.
- Compact SMG
- Reduced damage from 22/21 to 21/20
- Reduced magazine size from 50 to 40
- Drum Gun
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
While the official changes to initial HP mention only walls, unannounced non-wall changes were also made:
- Wood Ramp/Floor/Roof starting health to 84 from 75.
- Brick Ramp/Floor/Roof starting health to 94 from 75.
- Metal Ramp/Floor/Roof starting health to 102 from 74.