|1.7.2 Patch Notes|
|Date||17 October 2017|
|See all Patch Notes|
The release of 1.7.2 brings quality-of-life improvements for both Save the World and Battle Royale players. What’s more, numerous bugs, issues and Xbox One crashes have been smoothed out alongside an update to Storm Zones.
Battle Royale - Voice Chat
We have enabled voice chat on PC only and will follow with console support in the near future. Ironing out some final bugs and getting it ready for you!
Save the World - Storm Zone Update
Save the World players will have the opportunity to battle through many more Storm Zones with the release of 1.7.2. The number of possible Mutant Storm spawns has greatly increased in each region, meaning more challenges, more monsters, and more loot!
Dive into the full notes below and share your thoughts and feedback on the official Forums and Discord.
EA1.7.2 Patch Notes
- We have enabled voice chat on PC only and will follow with console support in the near future
- You can now switch between teammates while spectating.
- Fixed an issue which caused enemy players to instantaneously appear once they emerged from behind an object.
- This issue occurred frequently if shadows were disabled in the game options.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to jump indefinitely.
- Fixed an issue which caused DBNO (Down, But Not Out) to trigger jump pads.
- Fixed an issue which caused crosshair hit-markers to sometimes not show up.
- Medium Ammo stacks increased from 10 to 20.
- Rocket Ammo spawn rate decreased by 25%.
- Players no longer display their weapon while DBNO (Down, But Not Out.)
- Added a new sensitivity sliders for “Targeting Multiplier” and “Scoped Multiplier” to the Game Options.
- Removed mouse smoothing.
- Players can now tilt the camera higher and lower than before.
- Reduced the time it takes to load into the map from the matchmaking lobby.
- General improvements to loading times and frame rate.
- Increased the distance that building audio can be heard.
- Voice Over IP has been added to PC
- Push-to-Talk is on by default and is bound to the Y key
- Voice activation is also an option
- Squad voice chat is on by default. Players can disable this in the settings
- We are working towards implementing VOIP on other platforms, more information soon
Save the World
- The maximum number of daily Mutant Storms that can be completed has been increased from 3 to 4.
- Increased the number of possible Mutant Storms that can spawn.
- Stonewood was 3 is now 5.
- Plankerton was 3 is now 8.
- Canny Valley was 3 is now 9.
- Twine Peaks was 3 is now 10.
- Adjusted the crafting requirements for the Trash Cannon:
- Previous recipe:
- 3 Ore
- 12 Mechanical Parts
- 15 Blastpowder
- New recipe:
- 10 Blastpowder
- 8 Mechanical Parts
- 2 Ore
- Previous recipe:
- Players should no longer get stuck by the Shockwave ability animation if knocked back by the effect.
- The “Going Commando" ability will now correctly deal damage from long distances.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Raider Headhunter’s support bonus to be calculated incorrectly.
- In most cases, this will decrease the support bonus you receive.
- Fixed a number of client crashes.
- Fixed an issue which caused an "insert disk" message to appear for some users immediately after startup.
- Corrected text and symbols on the Inventor and Gadget cards.
- Players are occasionally shown different rewards on the Victory and Mission rewards screens.
- For example: Players may be shown Level 5 loot on the Victory screen, and then shown an icon for Level 4 loot on the Mission Rewards screen. The player is actually receiving Level 5 loot.
- The icon shown to players on the Mission Rewards screen is incorrect and will be fixed in a future patch.